Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Gold Mold and Memories of Fugliness Past



This one's called "Gold Mini." Although "gold lichen" is probably more appropriate, or maybe "gold mold." This one isn't particularly nose-cola-worthy, I'll admit, but I chose it for its resemblance to one that I did find hilarious.

Alas, there are some outfits that I viewed in the past but never thought to collect the pictures, because I hadn't yet decided to blog the fugliness for posterity. The "Red Sonja Bra" is one of those. Look at "Gold Mini" here, and imagine a silver bra, slightly flatter in the cups, covered in silver coins. Rather than being slightly dangly like these coins, imagine them set flat in concentric circles raying out from the nipples. If you're cringing, then you've successfully imagined the ridiculous garment I dubbed the "Red Sonja Bra." What mortifies me is that it sold, believe it or not. I don't; I'd rather convince myself that the vendor was too embarrassed by it and finally took it off the market.

Another lost item is a costume that I found on a Turkish website. I've looked all over for it but cannot find it again, so I'll just have to describe it. The fabric was white and covered in these little 3/4-circle patches, in various colours. It looked for all the world like the wearer was being eaten alive by Pac-Mans. Pac-Men. Whatever. Clearly that was the costume for that "80s Night" performance, for the "Pac-Man Fever" number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home